Troy Lee Designs and Billy Laninovich Meet Again
AMA Supercross - Las Vegas, NV
With the Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda team riders all on the sidelines with injuries it became necessary to find a rider to represent the team for a period of time. But the team didn't want to link up with just anybody; they wanted someone that they knew would work hard and also gel with the crew. Billy Laninovich was the perfect fit.
Billy has been riding a locally sponsored Honda at the west region supercross events and consistently making the mains and even finishing inside the top ten. Billy is a former supercross winner so he knows what he's doing. Both Billy and the TLD team are hoping that with a little better equipment and support he can really shine at the series finale this weekend in Las Vegas.
"This is a really cool opportunity for me," said Billy of his partnership with Troy Lee Designs. "I was one of their first amateur riders when they started making gear so it's cool to be working with them again. Troy has always been great to me and hopefully this will work out for both of us."
Billy will ride a Honda CRF250 this weekend in Las Vegas while Cole, Travis and Christian continue to heal their respective injuries. Then Billy will jump to the 450 for a handful of nationals with the team this summer. Of course this union wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the great people who have been helping Billy all year. Laninovich and the Troy Lee team would like to thank Jentronix, One Industries, Gaerne, SPY, Dunlop, Toyota of Escondido, Maxima, Team Associated and Go Pro for their support of Billy this season and for supporting him on this venture.
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, ODI, McQueen Racing, Hot Wheels, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
- 30.07.2014 : Chris Holder Ready To Race Bydgoszcz | Speedway - Bydgoszcz, Poland
- 29.07.2014 : Ken Block Dominates Global Rallycross Charlotte | Rallycross - Charlotte, NC
- 29.07.2014 : Sam Willoughby Wins 2014 BMX World Cup Championships | BMX - Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 29.07.2014 : Toby Price On Top As Tri-Series Continues | Off Road - Carnarvon, Australia
- 28.07.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Top Ten In Washington | AMA Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 28.07.2014 : Brendan Fairclough Succeeds in Lenzerheide | DH MTB - Lenzerheide, Switzerland
- 28.07.2014 : Honda Muscle Milk Top Ten at Washougal | AMA Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 25.07.2014 : Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day | TUSC - Indianapolis, IN
- 25.07.2014 : Hancock's Stormer In Sweden | Speedway GP - Motala, Sweden
- 24.07.2014 : Johnny and CJ Greaves Pull Pro-2 / Pro-4 Sweep at Bark River | TORC - Bark River, MI