Troy Lee Designs and Billy Laninovich Meet Again
AMA Supercross - Las Vegas, NV
With the Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda team riders all on the sidelines with injuries it became necessary to find a rider to represent the team for a period of time. But the team didn't want to link up with just anybody; they wanted someone that they knew would work hard and also gel with the crew. Billy Laninovich was the perfect fit.
Billy has been riding a locally sponsored Honda at the west region supercross events and consistently making the mains and even finishing inside the top ten. Billy is a former supercross winner so he knows what he's doing. Both Billy and the TLD team are hoping that with a little better equipment and support he can really shine at the series finale this weekend in Las Vegas.
"This is a really cool opportunity for me," said Billy of his partnership with Troy Lee Designs. "I was one of their first amateur riders when they started making gear so it's cool to be working with them again. Troy has always been great to me and hopefully this will work out for both of us."
Billy will ride a Honda CRF250 this weekend in Las Vegas while Cole, Travis and Christian continue to heal their respective injuries. Then Billy will jump to the 450 for a handful of nationals with the team this summer. Of course this union wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the great people who have been helping Billy all year. Laninovich and the Troy Lee team would like to thank Jentronix, One Industries, Gaerne, SPY, Dunlop, Toyota of Escondido, Maxima, Team Associated and Go Pro for their support of Billy this season and for supporting him on this venture.
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, ODI, McQueen Racing, Hot Wheels, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH
- 13.10.2014 : Greg Hancock Is 2014 Speedway World Champion | Speedway - Torun, Poland
- 06.10.2014 : Jessy Nelson 3rd at Red Bull Straight Rhythm 2014 | Race Team - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Darryn Durham | Race Team - Corona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : 32 Riders to Compete in Red Bull Straight Rhythm at Fairplex on October 4 | Supercross - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Vildosola Racing Leads the SCORE International Championship | SCORE - Imperial Valley, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Darryn Durham - Back In Orange And Black | Race Team
- 01.10.2014 : Brandon Semenuk is the FMB Overall Champion | Freeride MTB - Virgin, UT
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark