Race Report: Team Lac Blanc at Pietermaritzburg
UCI World Cup DH - South Africa
First 2012 world cup is in the books. Caroline and Pich did already fix their back numbers in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa, after a tough winter training. This race was so early and almost every team / riders had to do strong work to be ready on time.
Pich raced the week-end before world cup on the same track and finished 6th with a good run despite a non-stop wind. A part of the world’s best riders and south african were there to prepare the following weekend.
The last settings on new Solid Mission 9 just done and riders had to confront with huge jumps and slippery cants. The track is the most physical of the year for the legs with about 1’30” of flat pedaling (or rise!) Bikes were on their most light weight of the season for this competition.
Fortunately the blue sky was on top for the race. A storm plagued everybody on saturday evening but the ground was dry for the ultimate run of the week. Note that this track is pretty much impossible to ride on wet conditions, witch suggests 2013 world champs will be a gamble in the same place.
Caroline did 17th at quali and improved in final with a 15th place. Season starts well and motivation is on top after a 2011 hard time.
Pich placed 28th during quali and finished 32nd at final, a bit disappointed despite a good half-top section. But points are in the counter and the season only starts.
A long time out before second world cup in Italy in the beginning of june. Meantime the team will test stuff, do local, national and european races. See you later and thank you for your support.
- 17.06.2013 : Dixon Sixth, Franchitti Eighth at Milwaukee IndyFest | IndyCar - West Allis, WI
- 17.06.2013 : Another Podium for Cory Graffunder & Husky at Last Dog Standing | Endurocross - Glen Helen, CA
- 14.06.2013 : Home GP Podium for Bud Racing's Dylan Ferrandis in France | Motocross - Ernée, France
- 14.06.2013 : Redline Bicycles Great Salt Lake Nationals Race Report | BMX - Salt Lake City, UT
- 11.06.2013 : Franchitti Sixth, No. 9 Team Encounters Mechanical Problems At Texas | IndyCar - Fort Worth, TX
- 11.06.2013 : Team Husqvarna's Cory Graffunder Celebrates EnduroCross Podium | Endurocross - Sacramento, CA
- 11.06.2013 : First look: Sam Hill’s Pink Team CRC/Nukeproof Pulse and Kit | MTB - Auction
- 10.06.2013 : Top Ten Finish for Benoit Paturel in France | European MX2 Grand Prix of France
- 09.06.2013 : Highs and Lows for Troy Lee Designs at High Point Raceway | AMA Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 06.06.2013 : Montoya Closing in on First Win on Oval with a 2nd at Dover | NASCAR - Dover, DE