Troy Lee introduces D2 Carbon Shaun Palmer Replica
D2 Action Sports Helmet
The latest in his line of replica helmets "For the World's Fastest Racers", Troy Lee recently introduced the all new D2 Carbon Shaun Palmer Replica action sports helmet.
The helmet, which features a full carbon shell, a padded MX-style liner, and custom graphics developed specifically for "The Palm", is now available at finer dealers worldwide, and retails for $375.
Palmer helped Lee develop the D2 helmet for downhill mountain biking almost 10 years ago, and helped bridge the gap to other gravity sports like snowboarding.
A long-time friend of Troy Lee, Palmer has won at the highest levels of snowboarding, mountain biking, and motocross. His ability to take and hold the lead in any type of race has made him a millionaire, a video game star, and the nation's first action sports hero. A USA Today cover story asked "Is this man the world's greatest athlete?"
"Palmer blurred the boundaries," says Pat McIlvain, global sports marketing director for Oakley. "To do three completely different sports in his own style and intensity was simply unheard of."
Today, Palmer is still looking for the holeshot. Now he's aiming for a gold medal at the Winter Olympics in Boarder X, an event he practically invented and dominated in the X Games from 1997 to 2001.
"Shaun Palmer is an amazing athlete," says Troy Lee. "The guy is fast no matter what he's doing, and he's been a friend for a long time. So we wanted to produce a helmet as iconic and legendary as the man himself. This carbon D2 is the best helmet on the market, and now the same custom graphics we developed for Palmer are available right out of the box."
The D2 Carbon Palmer is an early release of Troy Lee's 2010 line, and the latest installment in his arsenal of replica helmets that pay tribute to some of the biggest legends in racing.
- 24.04.2014 : Stapleton Slated for Wonthaggi MX Nationals Comeback | Motocross - Australia
- 24.04.2014 : Dixon Seeks to Dislodge Runner-Up Yoke at Barber | IndyCar - Birmingham, AL
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA