Chad McQueen teams with TLD to launch McQueen Racing
McQueen partners with Acclaimed Designer
Chad McQueen has teamed up with Troy Lee Designs to unveil his newly formed company, McQueen Racing (www.mcqueen-racing.com), which will work with top designers, engineers, and industry veterans to develop and license performance motorsport products, custom motorcycle projects, and limited edition performance accessories. McQueen Racing will work with Troy Lee Designs on limited edition motorsport and motorcycle projects to be announced in 2010, and will become a sponsor of Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil/Honda racing team.
"I am thrilled to work with Troy Lee Designs in the launch of McQueen Racing, and proud to support Troy Lee Designs racing team" said Chad McQueen, CEO of McQueen Racing. "Troy is a phenomenal artist, and completely gets the essence of McQueen Racing - the pursuit of pure performance, with an authentic yet stylish spirit. My dad taught me early on to work only with the best of the best - and Troy is the best artist I know."
"It is an honor to work with Chad on the launch of his company, and likewise to have McQueen Racing contribute to the success of our team," said Troy Lee, owner of Troy Lee Designs. "It's been great to witness Chad and his kids carry on the McQueen legacy of racing. I am looking forward to working with the next generation of the McQueen family, helping to develop products that celebrate their passion for racing."
About McQueen Racing
McQueen Racing develops motorsport and motorcycle projects and products that bring to a new generation the pure joy of racing. Founded by Chad McQueen, the only son of the legendary racer and actor Steve McQueen, Chad inherited his dad's passion for racing while growing up on the set of legendary films like "Le Mans" and "Bullitt." Chad began racing dirt bikes at age 6 and by age 12, won his class at the World Mini Grand Prix. He went on to compete professionally in motorsports. His recovery after a crash during practice for the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona lead him to focus on developing custom car and motorcycle projects and resulting in the launch of McQueen Racing. For more information, visit www.mcqueen-racing.com or call 425-260-9994.
About Troy Lee Designs
Since 1981, Troy Lee has been customizing helmets "For The World's Fastest Racers." Our relentless commitment to creating products that exceed the cutting edge in style, design and quality, has given us the reputation as an innovator in many different racing fields. Troy Lee Designs has grown over the past three decades to include a product line ranging from high-performance helmets, to a complete line of racing gear and casual wear. With an amazing team of racers, from Indy car to World Rally to NASCAR, Motocross to Enduro to Freestyle, Dirt Track to Road Racing, Mountain Biking to BMX, we have been fortunate to work with the best in the world. We at Troy Lee Designs appreciate the fact that every day the racers get out there and put it all on the line.
- 03.09.2015 : Race Recap: Kirk Gibbs Talks 2015 Title | MX Nationals - Coolum, Australia
- 03.09.2015 : Colton Facciotti Crowned King of Walton | Motocross - Walton, Canada
- 01.09.2015 : Kirk Gibbs Takes MX Nationals Championship | Motocross - Coolum, Australia
- 01.09.2015 : Dixon Comes From Behind To Win 2015 IndyCar Championship | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada