Another Podium for Cory Graffunder & Husky at Last Dog Standing
Endurocross - Glen Helen, CA
"It was kind of an up and down day," Cory said. "I was bummed about the first race being thrown out because I would have won if they didn't. But a bunch of people got lost and it was mayhem so they threw it out in the final score."
In the second race, Cory had a tough battle with Taylor Robert and ended up taking the win. "It wasn't pretty," Graffunder explained. "Right before the finish we crashed, kind of on top of each other. I got up first and won that one."
A formidable hill climb proved to be the highlight of the third - and most difficult - race of the day. "The sun was right our eyes," Cory recalled. "I tried it and didn't make it, then Taylor tried it and he didn't make it. At one point there were like five of us all taking turns making attempts. I got up it first and led the whole first lap (of the final race)."
Graffunder worked hard to hold off Robert in the next lap, but succumbed to second place after breaking a shift lever. After a quick pit stop to repair the lever, Cory rejoined the race in second place, where he remained to the finish.
"I'm still happy with the way it all went," Graffunder said. "My TXC310R was running great, and kept up with all the 450s in the qualifier. Aside from the broken shifter I had no problems all day. Congrats to Taylor on the win. It was really fun riding with him."
- 11.12.2013 : Colton Facciotti to Gopher Dunes Racing TLD Honda for 2014 | Supercross/Motocross - TLD Canada
- 11.12.2013 : Interview with Artist Tom Fritz | Art - Megadeluxe.com Interview
- 10.12.2013 : Christian Brothers Racing Win Two and Extend Points Lead | Snocross - Bessemer, MI
- 10.12.2013 : TLD to Back Hope Tech Enduro & DH Team for 2014 | MTB - United Kingdom
- 10.12.2013 : Stewart Goes 10-3 at Geneva SX | Supercross - Geneva, Switzerland
- 10.12.2013 : Sporting Achievement of the Year 2013 Finalist: Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 10.12.2013 : Last Call - Eliot Jackson Interview | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 09.12.2013 : KTM Re-Signs Chris Fillmore to Superbike Team | Superbike - Murrieta, CA
- 09.12.2013 : GT BMX Team Goes Big at Grand Nationals | BMX - Tulsa, OK
- 05.12.2013 : Red Bull Straight Rhythm to Debut on NBC | Supercross - Red Bull