Another European Moto Win for Sullivan Jaulin in Italy
Motocross - Maggiora, Italy
The team was supposed to line-up three riders, with Jorge Zaragoza and Sullivan Jaulin in the European series and Valentin Teillet in the MXGP class, however, Jorge did not yet recover from his injury sustained at the French GP, and the team accepted the request of Factory Kawasaki and Monster KRT to have Valentin race this GP on the bike of Gautier Paulin who is still injured.
Sullivan, who joined the Bud Racing team after the opening round of the series in Bulgaria, has now taken three victories from six starts to open up his chance of taking the title after three rounds in July and August. Qualifying more than a second faster than any of his rivals, Sullivan ran away with a victory in the first moto on Saturday evening at Maggiora in northern Italy. Unfortunately, a poor start and a subsequent crash in second moto left him in 20th position after two laps. After a succession of rapid laps and exhilarating passes, he eventually crossed the finish line in 6th position to end the weekend as joint top points scorer. He is now 5th in the series, 40 points behind the leader but only eight points from the 2nd place.
Jorge Zaragoza, 2nd in the championship standing at the start of the weekend, was unable to contest the Italian round after breaking a collarbone when he crashed during his wild card ride at the French GP two weeks earlier. The Spaniard, who is now 8th in the standings, hopes to return to racing at the next round in Sweden.
Our 85cc rider Brian Moreau was racing the French MX Championship series in Montgueux. Brian got the pole position and then easily won the first heat. He had a bad start in the 2nd race but came back from 16th to 4th position on his 85cc Bud Kawasaki. Unfortunately he crashed with three laps to go and scored an 8th position, with the fastest lap of the race. He finished in 3rd place overall.
“I had two very different races this weekend as I got a good start on Saturday and a bad start on Sunday! When I got the holeshot I proved that I can win, but when I’m 20th at the start, that’s more difficult. I also had a crash in the 2nd race, but I recovered to 6th which is not so bad. I need now to win more races if I want to win the championship, and I’ll also go training in the sand with Jacky Vimond to prepare for the Finnish and Belgian rounds.”
“Two weeks ago Jorge Zaragoza crashed during the second race of the French MX2 GP and hurt his shoulder. The medical examination revealed a broken collarbone, and last week he had further examinations which confirmed that the fracture had not healed sufficiently for him to consider racing here.”
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria
- 11.06.2015 : Price Sweeps to Fourth Finke Desert Race Win | Off-Road - Northern Territory, Australia