2012 JS7 Freestone Winners Circle: Justin Hoeft
As a part of our 2012 Freestone Winners Circle, we caught up with Justin Hoeft to see how life has been since becoming the James Stewart Spring Championship 85cc Stock & Mod Champion. Justin also became the Loretta Lynn's Amateur National 85cc Stock & Mod Champion and the Mammoth Motocross Super Mini Champion and 85cc Champion before signing a multi-year deal with the Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda Amateur Race Team.
You had a big year in 2012, you clinched titles at Freestone, Mammoth, and Loretta's. What was your experience like at Freestone?
It definitely gave me a confidence boost going into the rest of the Texas Nationals. I really liked how the races ran. I liked how you get a lap before every moto and how there's time qualifying, I thought that was a pretty cool idea.
What are some other highlights for you from last season? Any favorite moments?
Definitely winning championships at Mammoth and then at Loretta's were favorite moments for me.
What's the plan for this year?
We're going to race the Texas Nationals races, and then move onto Mammoth and Loretta Lynn's again and then go to the Monster Cup.
You're still in school while riding, what is an average day like for you?
I just go to school Mondays through Wednesdays from 9-4 and I'm able to ride on Tuesdays and Thursdays to get ready for the season.
You signed a multi-year deal with Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda Amateur Race Team toward the end of the year after winning multiple championships. How has it been working with them so far?
It's been pretty cool! I've just been getting used to the team and getting to know everyone. We're going to come into Freestone this year and see what we can do.
- 10.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Score Valuable Points at Daytona | AMA Supercross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 10.03.2014 : Kasey Kahne Takes 8th in Las Vegas | NASCAR - Las Vegas, NV
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL