2012 JS7 Freestone Winners Circle: Justin Hoeft
As a part of our 2012 Freestone Winners Circle, we caught up with Justin Hoeft to see how life has been since becoming the James Stewart Spring Championship 85cc Stock & Mod Champion. Justin also became the Loretta Lynn's Amateur National 85cc Stock & Mod Champion and the Mammoth Motocross Super Mini Champion and 85cc Champion before signing a multi-year deal with the Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda Amateur Race Team.
You had a big year in 2012, you clinched titles at Freestone, Mammoth, and Loretta's. What was your experience like at Freestone?
It definitely gave me a confidence boost going into the rest of the Texas Nationals. I really liked how the races ran. I liked how you get a lap before every moto and how there's time qualifying, I thought that was a pretty cool idea.
What are some other highlights for you from last season? Any favorite moments?
Definitely winning championships at Mammoth and then at Loretta's were favorite moments for me.
What's the plan for this year?
We're going to race the Texas Nationals races, and then move onto Mammoth and Loretta Lynn's again and then go to the Monster Cup.
You're still in school while riding, what is an average day like for you?
I just go to school Mondays through Wednesdays from 9-4 and I'm able to ride on Tuesdays and Thursdays to get ready for the season.
You signed a multi-year deal with Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda Amateur Race Team toward the end of the year after winning multiple championships. How has it been working with them so far?
It's been pretty cool! I've just been getting used to the team and getting to know everyone. We're going to come into Freestone this year and see what we can do.
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark
- 11.09.2014 : Juan Pablo Montoya Excited About 2015 IndyCar Potential | IndyCar
- 11.09.2014 : Catching Up With Nathan Bles 2014 | Motocross - Canada
- 10.09.2014 : Between The Motos: Tyler Keefe | Motocross/Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 09.09.2014 : Race Recap: Toby Price's 2014 Season | Off-Road - Australia
- 09.09.2014 : Women on Bikes Series - Leigh Donovan | MTB - Life on Two Wheels Interview
- 09.09.2014 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Amateur Standout Sean Cantrell | Corona, CA
- 08.09.2014 : Interview: Luca Cometti | MTB MAG Interview
- 08.09.2014 : Red Bull District Ride: Victory of Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Nuremberg, Germany