CF DESIGN AND FUNCTION
It wasn't easy to improve upon the class-leading design and function of our D2 helmet, but we made it happen. By integrating next-level safety devices and making functional improvements, we raised the bar for head protection in the genre with our D3.
Riders like Brendan Fairclough, Aaron Gwin, Steve Peat, Brandon Semenuk and Cam Zink refuse to wear anything else when they pedal. With styles and colors to fit any personality, the only question is: Which one is for you?
Rated #1 full face helmet 3 years in a row in reader poll (2013, 2014, 2015)
HAND LAID MCT CARBON FIBER
- Hand laid pre-preg carbon / composite / MCT weave blend for superior shell construction and weight reduction
- Top layer UD (unidirectional) carbon weave provides strength and style
- High modulus Kevlar reinforced high impact zones for increased strength a rigidity
- Nylon reinforcement polymer in key high-wear and impact zones
DUAL DENSITY PROTECTION
D3 Carbon Fiber Core Features:
- Technologically advanced carbon fiber shell construction
- Digital wind tunnel-tested, aerodynamic shell design
- Revolutionary injection-molded air intake system
- 20 high-flow intake and exhaust ports for maximum ventilation
- Added eps and new headform shape for improved impact performance
- Full incremental sizing for greater range of fitment
- Deep eps channeling for optimal airflow
- Strategically placed interior chinbar shock pads for comfort and durability
- Removable, washable padded liner with coolmax™ and dri-lex™ moisture wicking materials
- Contoured 3d cheekpads fit anatomically
- Quick-release cheek pads for emergency helmet removal
- Purpose-built internal cavities for audio integration
- Titanium hardware for reduced weight
- Includes 2 lightweight, streamlined visors and a helmet bag
- Exceeds bicycle certifications: CPSC 1203, CE EN 1078:2002+A1:2012 ASTM F1952-15, ASTM F2032-15, ASTM F2040-11
- Not intended for use with motorized vehicles
D3 SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS
D3 PRODUCT VIDEOS
D3 SIZING INFORMATION
|HELMET SIZE||HAT SIZE||CM||INCHES|
|*Headliners and cheekpads can be interchanged within the same EPS size.|
|X-SMALL||6-1/2 to 6-5/8||52 to 53||20.5 to 20.9|
|SMALL||6-3/4 to 6-7/8||54 to 55||21.3 to 21.7|
|MEDIUM||7 to 7-1/8||56 to 57||22 to 22.4|
|LARGE||7-1/4 to 7-3/8||58 to 59||22.8 to 23.2|
|X-LARGE||7-1/2 to 7-3/4||60 to 62||23.6 to 24.4|
|2X-LARGE||7-7/8 to 8-1/8||63 to 65||24.8 to 25.6|
Ratings & Reviews
comfy and light weight
by JP Summers
I will never buy another helmet other than the D3, it is easily the most lightweight, comfortable and breathable helmet I've ever owned. I've taken some gnarly hits with this helmet and it's kept my head very safe. It's the best looking helmet on the market, and the community around this company rocks.
Best helmet I've ever had. Cant complain about anything
Money well spent...!!
by Joe from Las Vegas
I have had my D3.since I started racing BMX again with my 6yr old. Had tried a bunch of different brands of bike specific helmets....only to find that nothing fit me as well as the D3. That was just fine with me cuz I have been a fan of TLD since the 80's. My chrome "Shaun Palmer" is a few years old but I have had no issues with hardware or finish....the graphics are just a bonus plan. I read a lot of reviews before and after buying mine and now understand why I have never read a bad one. What I love about my D3 is that it feels like a DOT MX helmet....just a lot lighter, which is awesome since mine is just a composite model. Gonna splurge on a carbon when I replace it....or just buy a new one just to update.
Best helmet yet
I had a sixsixone helmet before this then upgraded to this and the diffrence was huge. It was so much lighter noticeably, airflow and breatheability was massively diffrent which really makes the diffrence in a long enduro run.